Thursday, March 29, 2012

Hello to the Third, and FINAL Trimester!

Baby Girl Aiello and I are in our 27th week...meaning it is the third and final trimester!!  Yay!  I am excited for this in more than one way!  Don't get me wrong, I love being pregnant (no...seriously!).  I love her little kicks and nudges.  Just the other day she gave me a punch, I poked back, and and she punched again.  It's like she was saying "Let's play, Mommy!!"  But...I am so ready to meet her!!  I want to hold her, to smell her, to cuddle her, and to see her smile.  I even want to hear her cry.  Chris and I already are so in love with her, I cannot even imagine what it will be like when she is here!  Here is our 27 week picture!


At 27 weeks, Baby Girl Aiello is the size of a cauliflower....pretty large and in charge!  She is about 15 inches and 2.5 pounds!  She is practicing inhaling and exhaling and she is officially showing brain activity!  As of today, we have exactly 12 weeks until her arrival in 84 days.  It's not like I'm counting down or anything though.  ;-)  Do you think she looks something like this??

Hehe!

Speaking of!  Next Monday we have a 3D ultrasound scheduled!  I was waivering back and forth about whether or not I wanted to do it, but now I REALLY want to!  I also have my gestational diabetes test that day too. (YUCK!)  At my last appointment, they sent me home with this mysterious looking clear "soda."  It has been staring me down for a good month.  Thank God I don't have to fast overnight, but I do have to a little in the morning.  I need to make sure I eat a very low carb breakfast (hello, eggs!) because this is one test I do not want to flunk!  What would I do without ice cream??  Let's not even think about that!  So, I am very glad I have the ultrasound after the blood work to look forward to!!  It will be so crazy to compare our baby pictures to her pictures...I can't wait!

Chris and I also have a maternity photo shoot on Sunday with Blue Balloon Photography at Butler.  I am super looking forward to that!  I have not been feeling the cutest lately between the broken out skin, growing belly, and growing everything else, it seems!  It will be a nice chance to get all dolled up and show off the "little" bump.  Chris and I always love taking pictures together.  It brings us closer and I am way excited to see the final result!  I cannot wait to share with all of you!

This week has been another busy one!  Allison had us over to her parents' house for a traditional Lebanese dinner.  I won't even try to explain what we ate, but it was yummy!!  Here she is with the wide array of food that her and her parents made for us.  It was so much fun!


The car shopping saga continues.  I *think* we are leaning towards getting a Toyota Highlander.  Usually I love researching and looking into this kind of thing, but I have been putting all of my energy into everything baby and I just want "the car" to magically appear.  That could happen, right??

I also reconnected with a friend from college that just last week had the most adorable baby boy...Hudson!  I was able to ooh and ahh over him last night.  He is so precious, Lauren!!!  Congrats, again!

I will leave you all with a couple of maternity pictures that have inspired me for our shoot on Sunday.  I am hoping we can re-create something like this!
 



2 comments: