Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Travelling Husband

As most of you know, our Ai-owl-lo Nest has felt a little empty at times lately.  Chris has been travelling for work a lot.  He loves his job and the travelling is a great experience, but it makes it hard sometimes with my pregnancy hormones running rampant.  I always try to remain busy...too busy at times to the point of being exhausted!  I know it's hard for him to be away from home too, so I always try to do something special for him just to show how much we will miss him while he is gone.  I try to do something new and fresh and creative every trip and I got to the internet sometimes to try to find inspiration.  You know what I found??  Nothing!  Which is part of why I am writing this post.  I figure I am not the only Wife out there whose Husband travels or is deployed, so I thought I would show some of the things I have done for Chris while he has been away.


I found a great selection of unique candy...at Old Navy of all places!  I tried to get some cute, relatable things and wrote cute little notes with them tied with little ribbons.  "You are my Big Hunk..."  You get the idea. :) 


I found these awesome heart puzzles and stickers at Michael's.  For each puzzle piece, I put a sticker that was close to "us" as a couple and then I took it apart, put the pieces in an envelope and had Chris put the puzzle back together again.  I also did one with words that had a special note.




When Chris was gone for a week long trip, I found a large pill box and put some of his favorite candies along with a note that he opened daily.  I hope at least.  :)


Chris, there is always a large hole in our family when you are away.  You are my rock and my best friend and I cannot even tell you how much I love you.  You are the best Husband I could have ever asked for and I know you will be a great Dad.  We all love you so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment