Thursday, March 8, 2012

Baby Girl Aiello has Reached Viability!

Whew!  Ok, that was me breathing for the first time in a little while. :)  Week 24 is a big week in a pregnancy...our little cinnamon roll has a fighting chance of surviving in the outside world if God forbid, something were to happen.  But, she has strict orders that she must bake 14 more weeks. 

Speaking of cinnamon rolls..yummm.....

Ok!  I'm back!  I got lost for a second.  We had Baby Girl Aiello's 24 week appointment this week and it went pretty well.  We were told by our Dr. that she is a little on the big side.  I know what you're thinking...too many cinnamon rolls, right?  But he did say my weight is right on track.  Even though I am starting to feel pretty blimp-ish.  Chris continues to tell me how great I look and most of the time I buy it, which helps just a little bit. :)  Since she is "bigger" we have an ultrasound scheduled for April 16th to check in on her.  I was given this lovely concoction of a drink for my Gestational Diabetes test on April 2nd.  It is supposedly like flat Sprite...bottoms up!  We also have a 3D ultrasound on April 2nd, which will make that nasty drink all worthwhile!  I cannot wait to see what she looks like!!  The ultrasounds are supposed to be so realistic...it will be great!

Her fruit of the week is a...grapefruit!  Without a doubt, my biggest pregnancy craving.  I have grapefruit every day!


Here is my 24 week photo with Baby Girl Aiello! :)



We were also able to schedule her Birthday this week.  It almost sounds weird to say it like that!  June 20th will be her Birthday if she decides to come when she is supposed to.  She will be a "First Day of Summer" Baby!  That is kind of fun!  I am scheduled to have a c-section at 7:30 AM, but will need to get there a couple of hours in advance.  I probably won't be able to sleep for days ahead out of sheer excitement and nervousness!

The nursery is also coming along quite nicely!!!  We have the room all painted and the changing table set up!

See?




We received the decal in the mail and I cannot wait to put it up!  I love all of the things that we have ordered for her and I cannot wait for them to come!  

Chris had a work baby shower and all of the things his Klipsch employees gave us were BEYOND sweet!  We cannot thank all of you enough!  I cannot wait to wash Baby Girl Aiello in the tub, use the owl Boppy, and dress her in the cute clothes....thank you!!



Chris is off to Texas today!  I have spoken to him and he has already had BBQ, so I think he's set!

I asked him everything was bigger in Texas and he replied..."Big enough."  He is there for the SXSW (South by Southwest) festival in Austin and has trade shows!  I am sure he will have stories for all of you when he returns!









1 comment:

  1. Started my culinary adventures in Texas with BBQ and then followed with some awesome mexican food for dinner. So far my stomach likes it here.

    ReplyDelete