Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Lettuce Tell You All About our Busy Week!

This is going to be a crazy busy week for the Aiellos!  Let me first explain the title of the post...Baby Girl Aiello is 26 weeks this week...yay!  I feel like at this point, every week is a milestone.  She is the size of a head of lettuce and is about 2 lbs. and about 14 inches!  




Does that seem big to anyone else??  The neatest thing I read about this week was that her eyes are opening and her eyelashes are fully formed.  It has been so nice outside, I just want to take my belly outside and have her soak up some Vitamin D!  I don't know how much the patrons of Panera or McAlister's would like that on my lunch break.  I guess there's always the weekend!  Here is my 26 week shot along with some great pictures my photographer of a Husband took.  He has such a great eye!




Baby Girl Aiello already has the key to our hearts!





This past weekend we went to Mom & Dad Aiello’s to help install their home entertainment center.  We had a great time and the Klipsch speakers and the new projector and screen they bought look amazing!!  What do you think?





Tomorrow we are meeting with our contractor to try and go over some ideas about our current closet situation.  Or lack there of.  We really need to expand.  Poor Baby Girl Aiello’s clothes are all over the floor of our guest bedroom since all of our clothes are still in her closet since we ran out of room in ours.  We hope to expand the closet into the bathroom as well as get a new tiled shower in the process which will eliminate our garden tub, but should be ok since right now it just holds my curling irons. :)  Here is a 3D image of what Chris sketched up:




I also have my work review tomorrow, which I always get nervous for.  I have no idea why.  I just always hate them and try to get then over with as soon as possible.  Wish me luck!  At least we have dinner with Matt & Jody planned so if the estimate and review go bad, we will have that to look forward to!  I will just need to replace the wine with chocolate...I think I can do that!

Saturday we have our newborn basics preparation class and an infant CPR class.  It is called Newborn Express, but I think maybe we need more than that!  It is a 5 hour class.  Chris and I are a little clueless right now, but that comes with the territory of new parents, right?  Come on...I seriously need some encouragement!  We are also going car shopping.  I feel like there needs to be a "dun dun DUN!" with that.  We are looking into getting a Honda CRV or Toyota Highlander.  We will be trading Chris's car in since it is a coupe which is not really infant friendly and he will drive my Civic to work while we will use the new car on the weekends.  I have not had a new car in 10 years and I am more than ready!  Which should we choose??


After car shopping, we are going over to Allison's to celebrate her Birthday and have an authentic Lebanese meal....we are excited!!!

Sunday will be a relaxing day of going out to breakfast and going to see The Hunger Games...both I am very excited about!  Hopefully we can get the crib put up this weekend AND the decal!  I cannot wait to share pics of the nursery, but I want to wait until all of the furniture is up.

It's my company's poster! 

Special thanks to my Aunt Sally for the amazing glider you bought us (I will show it to you once the whole room is set up at this point), my Mom for the awesome nursery furniture, Mark for getting the diaper bag I wanted and paying for Baby Girl Aiello's letters of her name that will go in the nursery, my Dad for the nearly brand new crib,  and my Uncle Fred who bought us the Angelcare Monitor we registered for that has a video so we can watch our princess at all times!  ;-)

I will leave you with my new favorite thing that I had made.  A little owl stuffed toy for our littlest Ai-owl-lo out of her crib bedding.  I am in love!


 

4 comments:

  1. So much to comment on with this one. She is really long already! Good luck with the review, let me know how it goes. I vote for the CRV (even though I don't know much about either). Thanks for the shout out. I hope we have fun at the dinner. And I can't wait to see the nursery. I think that is all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you might get your way on the CRV, Al. We are leaning towards that. I thought you might like the shout out! We will have to take pics on Saturday and I can add them to next week's post. :)

      Delete
  2. Baby CPR class will go great....no need to worry! Just think about how there are so many people in this world who cannot take care of themselves, much less a baby and still have lots of kids. I think you guys will be great and pick everything up as you go...and what you don't pick up, you have plenty of people around you who have been there, done that, that can help you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement, Lex! Maybe I can take some pics of the class and post them on next week's blog! Especially one of Chris diapering a baby dummy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete