Wednesday, February 1, 2012

It's a....

        Girl!!!!! Bring on the bows, ribbons, dresses, flowered headbands, and…pink hockey gloves! We had the most amazing gender reveal party hosted by my Mom & Mark! It was so great to share that special moment of finding out if we are having a boy or girl with our immediate family and closest friends. It was a day that Chris and I will remember forever! There was brunch, an Old Wives’ Tales game, and then the cake cutting!! The Old Wives’ Tales game gave us exactly 10 answers for a girl and 10 for a boy! So, the cake was the tiebreaker. Allison won the game by guessing how many of the Old Wives’ Tales pertained to me. While Chris and I both had Mommy & Daddy intuition that this little one was a girl, I was still so nervous to find out!  Blue or pink would have been great...but it was the anticipation!  I really thought it could go either way before the cutting, but low and behold….the cake was pink! And delicious!! We are going to have a daughter! And it is so nice to say “she” and “her” instead of “it.”  Everyone at the party filled out their well wishes to Baby Girl Aiello and let me tell you, they brought tears to both of our eyes.  It warms my heart to not only know how much we are loved, but how much she is already loved as well!  Thank you for your messages and for making this a great party!  Here are some pictures of the fantastic day!

                



Lindsey filling out her wishes to Baby Aiello! 

                                                                  The before shot of the cake!




                                                                              




                                      
                          

                    

                                                                     Awaiting the cake cutting!

                                                          
                                                                                    "It's pink!!!!"




                                                                             The Aftermath  :)




                                          We are going to be parents of a little girl!!
 


Here is my first posted "baby bump pic."  I was 19 weeks pregnant as of yesterday and Baby Girl Aiello has been kicking away! She is still very low and breech, so I cannot wait for her to move up so Chris can feel her too! She is the size of a mango this week...one of my pregnancy cravings! I have been feeling pretty great except sleeping is already getting a bit difficult. I am supposed to sleep on my side, but whenever I wake up, I am on my back and I can almost feel her weight smushed into my back. The only continued aversion I have is pizza. Pretty crazy for a baby that is 25% Italian! My biggest cravings are fruit! I LOVE anything citrus...I drink grapefruit juice, eat oranges, and sometimes have lemonade every day! I have gained 12 pounds total up until now, so I am really trying to watch that since I want to gain no more than 30 pounds. Here's hoping!! I will be half way next week...a big milestone!!


Baby Girl Aiello's Fruit of the Week!




2 comments:

  1. Such a neat idea. Love the cake surprise! And I'm constantly told that little girls are more fun to shop for (though, I personally am trying to keep my baby-spending to a minimum). Super excited for you and Chris. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks Michelle!! It was a total surprise to us but we had a hunch it was a girl! :) And you were right too! I guess there is some truth in the Old Wives' Tale of eating or drinking your weight in oranges! We will have to go girl shopping together!!

    ReplyDelete