Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Greetings from the Far East!

Herro! This is the father of this wonderful blog, Chris, writing on the road from China, specifically from the city of Dongguan in Guangdong provence. I am here for work for a week. And while I'm enjoying it as much as I can, I'd give anything to be back home. I'm missing Ashley, Baby A, and Lola lots! But all in all, these trips aren't too bad. That is once you get over the 15.5 hour long flight to get here and the questionable meals. Other than breakfast (the hotel has a great breakfast buffet, complete with omelet and waffle stations) I'm really not sure what most of what I've eaten has been. Some of it has been pretty good, some pretty bad, most somewhere in between. The thing that is nice, though, are the hotels. Thanks to a favorable exchange rate, we get darn nice hotels for fairly reasonable rates. Check out the view from my room. This hotel is surrounded by thickly forested mountains on all sides, and in the morning all the different birds you hear makes it sound like we're in the middle of the jungle!



So what do I spend my time doing here? Well that's a good question. I tour a bunch of factories to learn about the different processes used to make different parts that are used on our amazing Klipsch headphones. And when we're not touring factories, we sit at the factory of our chosen manufacturing partner and work through the details of our designs for our latest and greatest new products. What is great about being here is that working face to face, we can accomplish in a couple days what would otherwise take several weeks or more.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment