Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day from the Aiellos!

Happy Love...week! :)  Since Chris just returned home, we are still celebrating!  Chris had probably the longest day of his life this past Saturday.  After spending a little over a week in China and Japan, he headed to the airport to come home.  Upon arrival at the airport at 4 AM Saturday, (2 PM Friday EST) he found out his flight was delayed more than two hours, which would have made him late for his flight home to Chicago from London.  After working with British Airways to try to re-book his flight, he was able to change his flight time but was hours away.  He had some pretty limited options at the Tokyo airport for "breakfast."  An oddly shaped hot dog with salsa, some shrimp meal, and a curried chicken dish.  Indian for breakfast it was!  Finally, he was off to London (my favorite city in the whole world, so I was a little jealous!) for a 12 hour flight.  I told him to bring me back something British and he found Crunchies, which made made his pregnant wife VERY happy!!!  Long time family friends the Ryans, introduced us to these years ago and I was hooked!  They are milk chocolate with a honeycomb center.  YUM!

Hungry, yet???  :)

After buying my addiction, he boarded his 8 hour "skip across the pond."  Since this flight was running late also, he missed his connection in Chicago.  He was bound and determined to make it home that day, so he rented a car and made it home around 2 AM EST on Sunday.  Talk about a long weekend!  It feels so amazing to have him home and to have our family complete.  Baby Girl Aiello was so happy to have him home, he felt her kick for the very first time the day he got home!  It made my entire week seeing his grin from ear to ear!  She was 21 weeks and 5 days.  

Speaking of Baby Girl Aiello....she is 22 weeks this week!  The size of a papaya!

She can definitely hear sounds from the outside by now.  Chris speaks to her everyday and while he was gone, she kicked the phone when I put the speakerphone by my belly.  It gave me such joy feeling that!  She also likes Nicki Minaj...she REALLY jams out to Super Bass.  :)  She is already developing a little personality.  She is like her Daddy in the fact that she loves to sleep and snuggle.  From the two ultrasounds we have had, she has always been so peaceful and calm (like Daddy...not so much me).  She is like me in the fact that she loves t be around other people.  She is always squirming a kicking when it is loud or she hears a lot of people.  We both feel like we know her and we cannot wait to meet her!!  17 more weeks and counting!  

My Mom and I got her some adorable owl themed things that just make me melt!





And Chris found this to put in her nursery from Tokyo!


I will leave you with my 22 week photo.  I think I have definitely "popped!"  We tried to be creative for our Valentine's week photo.  Chris threw heart doilies and took the picture as they fell.  Just trying to keep it creative!  :)  



Stay tuned...Chris will be updating the blog with photos from his trip very soon!



2 comments:

  1. I really need to have a chat with her about Nicki. I do not approve! :) And now I want to try a Crunchie. That sounds pretty tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I played Ke$ha and it just didn't have the same effect. :) She did like Jay Sean this morning though! I will bring a Crunchie on Thursday...you will be hooked! Although, you can only get them at world Market here.

    ReplyDelete