Tuesday, June 19, 2012

D Day = Delivery Day!!

Tomorrow is the day!  Our little miracle will show her beautiful face.  I have dreamt of this day my whole life.  I always wondered what my children would look like and tomorrow, I will really find out.  The only word I can use to describe it is....surreal.  I have felt like there have been so many layers of this pregnancy.  I have been worried, scared, nervous, thrilled, skeptical, overjoyed, and remarkably in love.  In love with something that started out as the size of a poppy seed.  I have marveled at how remarkable my body is as well as the little body that is growing inside me.  I have loved being pregnant.  As uncomfortable as I may have felt at times, it does not compare with how empowering and wonderful it felt knowing I was helping our daughter grow big and strong.  The first 8 weeks and the last 8 weeks were by far the hardest.  Even though we knew that we were pregnant, seeing that little flicker of a heartbeat on the screen was the most amazing feeling in the world.  It was the best Birthday present I could have ever had!  The last weeks tested my patience while waiting for the inevitable.  What will she look like?  Who will she look like?  Will she have hair?  What faces will she make?  Will she sleep easily?  The middle part of pregnancy seemed to fly by.  I felt great and finding out if the little angel in my belly was a girl or boy was one of the best moments of my life.  It made everything seem that much more real.  It was a little girl...our daughter that was sharing every moment with me.  I talked to her, I sung to her, and I watched her move inside me.  Feeling those flutters and then those big movements  was indescribable.  Having Chris feel her after a long trip to China was also an amazing feeling.  My favorite past time now is resting my arm on my belly and after a couple of seconds, she kicks it as to say, "Mommy...I can't wait to meet you!"  Well, I cannot wait to meet you, little one.  And now it is all drawing to a close.  The first chapter of our daughter's story is coming to a close, but the real story is yet to be written.  And so is our story of being parents.  A job that I think will be the most amazing and rewarding job we have ever had.  I cannot wait to cuddle our little beautiful miracle tomorrow and I am ready to fully embrace the best day of our life.  I leave you with the last bump shot.



Ready to POP!


2 comments:

  1. Pretty soon we'll need an update with how you're feeling, how Chris is adjusting, and of course some more photos of Arden :)

    Hope you guys are enjoying that adorable little baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Michelle!! I do need to update for sure! That is tomotrow's goal :)

    ReplyDelete